Friday 23 October 2009

Super Natural Beauty

A brand that I really like but that still seems to be fairly unknown in the UK is John Masters Organics. They sprang to mind today as they ahve a nice little piece in National Geographic which I quite like as that is not usually the first place I'd look to find beauty reviews!

I have to say, I generally find it hard to get inspired by Organic brands. I feel like a lot of brands have taken the obvious route when it comes to their overall concept and I also struggle with a lot of organic formulas. They just AREN'T as good as normal products in general.

Having said that, I do like John Masters Organics as the products do exactly what it says on the tin, its simple and subtle and I think the packaging is understated and sophisticated. I like the brown bottles and clear labels. Something very 'apothecary-esque' about them.
The other brand that recently caught my eye is Absolution which recently launched on Being Content. Its a brand I think I'd like to find out a little more about.....

5 comments:

  1. The packaging is gorgeous. I love simple, nicely bottled products and am a BIG fan of glass as I find plastic gets dirty v.easily.

    Cant wait to try this range out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, it feels more luxurious when its glass. We have the skincare range online at the moment although JMO are more known for their haircare....think we might take on some of their haircare line as well. Looking for some interesting haircare lines to launch right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this line especially the haircare and in a hard water area the stuff keeps my hair clean yet not dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Australian friends gave mixed reviews about John Masters hair care. I don't think I know anyone who've tried the skincare range.

    Absolution packaging looks chic. I'll be interested to see whether the products turn out to be as gorgeous as the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, thanks Music. Maybe we'll try some of the 'star' JMO haircare products and see how they go down.

    ReplyDelete