Thursday 1 October 2009

Hourglass launches on Zuneta

Its been a very busy week at Zuneta HQ! Not least because we were rushing to get Hourglass live and launched! But, I can now finally announce the official arrival of Hourglass in the UK....live on Zuneta.
We had our press launch last week, as you know, and Nadine (who does our PR) has been crazy busy ever since then. Seems there are a lot of people that have been waiting for this fab brand.
Just to give you a little bit of background- Hourglass was launched in 2004 by Carisa Janes. It went staright into Barney's (in NYC) and stayed exclusive there until 2007. In 2007 Hourglass launched in 19 Sephora stores and was their most successful brand launch of the year. Why? They have cracked the code when it comes to a flawless looking face. For all you Laura Mercier lovers- I think there may just be a new kid on the block! Hourglass is now in over 150 Sephoras and is seen as one of the most successful US launches. You'll know exactly why when you try some of the products.
The Primers, Tinted Moisturisers and Veil Foundation are the obvious winners. But for the mascara addicts amongst you- the Hourglass Superficial Lash is brilliant. I used to be the global strategist (product development if you like) on mascara for Maybelline so I've tried a fair few formulas in my time but this mascara is quickly becoming an Hourglass best seller.

Also of note are the eyeshadow duos and bronzers. If nothing else, the 360° swivel compact they are housed in are worth the money! Each compact has a large mirror that you can actually see yourself in. No blurry vision or opaque glass. But, I should be fair about the products too...the eyeshadows are creamy and blendable (although RBR eyeshadows are probably a little more creamy) and come in a great variety of shades. Everyone has been getting particularly excited about Prism, which is the smokey duo. The black shade in that duo has a little bit of (classy) glitter that adds a really nice touch to your endlook.

The cream bronzer compact (with highlighter) is one of my favourites as its very versatile and easy to use. The bronzer is a very natural shade so there is no danger of looking orange. As an LA based brand, you would certainly expect Hourglass to get bronzers right and they really do!

I could go on about this brand for hours, but I'll save some of my comments for future posts.

In the meantime, I'll sign off by saying the person that really put this brand on the map is Angelina Jolie. This is her brand of choice and the foundation and primer that she buys. She has turned her friends onto the brand as well and phonecalls starting in 'Hi, Angie told me about you and....' are very common in the Venice Beach HQ. Well, if its good enough for Ange......



1 comment:

  1. I really love the look of this brand - I can't wait to try it - some of the lipsticks look lovely and I love the sound of the tanning primer too... Oooh pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete